I must admit I was never a huge fan of Bircher muesli's a good many just had no real flavour. Over the past few weeks I've been experimenting with different flavours and think I have found a couple that I really like. Hope you do too 😊 quick and easy to throw together then just rest in fridge overnight or at least a good few hours and it's ready to eat with fresh or stewed fruit and with or without yoghurt, I'm a without person. If you don't like ginger or dates replace these with any dried fruit you like , I have used figs and apricots.
Date and Ginger Bircher muesli
- 2 cups organic rolled oats
- 2 heaped tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped dates
- 2-3 pieces of uncrystallised ginger ( I used buderim)
- 2-3 tablespoons Cinderella berries and cherries
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- About 1/2 a carton of organic almond milk
Put all into a large bowl and cover with almond milk until the milk just peeks over the top of the mixture. Make sure the milk is maybe a cm above the oats to be sure you get a nice texture .
Cover and pop into fridge overnight ready for the morning. Lasts about 5-6 days in the fridge , I always make enough for the week so I can just scoop out in morning and take to work.