While on the pumpkin subject here’s something you can do with the leftover half of your pumpkin if it is too big for soup alone. It’s my adaptation of a Revive Cafe recipe .Lovely and moist these are perfect with just a nice green salad.
Curried Pumpkin Patties
- 3 1/2 cups of pumpkin cubed and roasted
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 an onion very finely diced
- 1 cup arborio rice , washed then cooked in rice cooker or on stove
- I tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, mild or medium to suit your taste
- 1/2 block firm tofu crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander chopped finely
- Pinch salt
- Sesame seeds for top
Set oven to 180oC and grease a tray with olive oil.
Put cooked and cooled pumpkin and rice in a bowl, add everything else and mix until combined. Form into Patties and place onto oiled oven tray , sprinkle with seasame seeds and bake 25 mins. Makes 12 Edit