Still trying to think of interesting ways to use the courgettes from the garden. We seem to have so many and have also been gifted some! Must be a good year for them, weather wise, in the garden. This is a good dish either hot or cold and went so well with the BBQ meats. You can make ahead as well which is great when you have friends over for BBQ’s .
I just roasted in the fry pan but you could put in the oven, although at the moment its too hot to oven cook for me , I’d rather BBQ or stove top cook.
Courgette, Sweet Potato and Carrot Salad
- 2- 3 medium carrots cut into long strips (mine were 2cm wide by 10cm long)
- 1 medium sweet potato cut into chips or as above lengths
- 4 courgettes cut same as carrots
- 1-2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil, I used rice bran but olive oil would be good too
- 2-3 tabespoons fresh mint,chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar ( use a good one)
- salt and pepper
Heat oil in a frypan, large enough to hold all veges flat, ‘roast’ sweet potato and carrots for about 10 minutes over a med heat, until they gain colour and look like roast veg. Add courgettes and garlic and roast for 5 minutes more. They should crispy on outside and be al dente inside. Add the vinegar and cook for 1 minute more. Put into serving dish add salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with mint to serve. Serve hot or cold.