These little balls are packed full of vitamins and minerals wonderful food for athletes as a quick snack on the go or during/post training when you can’t stomach heavy food. Good for those of us who are desk bound and not particularly athletic as well. There is nothing better than a 3 pm pick me up . When you are flagging and the day seems never ending, have a couple of these to re energize. The hard part is stopping at just 2 !
Energy balls are really easy to make, they can be put together in 5 mins and are so much better when fresh. Store in fridge and see how fast they go.
Chocolate Date and Orange Energy Balls
- 1 3/4 cups of dried dates (check for stones)
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon dutch process cocoa
- Juice and rind of medium 1 orange ( add a little water if not enough)
- 1/2 cup coconut, dessicated or thread
Put all except coconut into a food processor and blitz until sticky and combined. You may need to add a little water if the orange isn’t too juicy, I would add by the tablespoon so you don’t over add liquid. What you want is a mixture that holds together but is not too loose. Scoop out a teaspoon full, roll into a ball and roll in coconut . They will be soft but will firm up in fridge.